Houses are judged on kerb appeal, try to sell a house that lacks this vital factor and you’ll drive buyers away. Kerb appeal is important, whether you are selling the home or not, take pride in your house and it shows on the outside. Here are our top tips for adding kerb appeal to your property.
- Clean the windows – Dirty windows look horrible and peeling frames are just as bad. Clean your windows regularly, wipe down the frames, give them a lick of paint if they haven’t been touched for a while.
- Paint your door – Create a good impression by painting your front door, and new hardware if your numbers, locks and letterbox look a little tarnished.
- Fix the roof – Repair any slipping or missing roof tiles. Make your home watertight and improve the appearance at the same time.
- Address the driveway – Cracked driveways are an eyesore. New paving looks great on a driveway, gravel is a cheaper option that works well too, resin driveways are new to the market and they look gorgeous as well. There are driveway solutions to suit all budgets, give yours a makeover and watch how it transforms the outside of your home.
- Buy feature plants – Olive or bay trees look beautiful in large feature planters, especially if you place them either side of your front door. Small conifers and topiary shrub ‘balls’ work just as well, a few plants here and there are a nice touch outside the property.
- Use special lighting – Light up the edges of your driveway with lighting, place lanterns either side of your front door, invest in feature lighting that gives your home a warm and welcoming appeal.
- Fit a new garage door – We had to include this one! Replace a rotten garage door with a quality feature from Camber, we have beautiful bespoke doors to match your budget.